Re: mutt with pine keybindings (was Re: Cut, Copy, Paste Nightmare)

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Todd Zullinger wrote:

I wrote:
Matt,

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
I've been thinking of switching from pine to mutt for e-mail, but
the mutt keystroke command reference is seven (24-line) screens
long!.

If it helps (and in case you haven't seen this already), there is a
Pine.rc in the mutt package that sets up the keybindings in mutt to be
similar to those of Pine 3.95.  As I've never used pine more than a
few minutes I couldn't tell you how close these are to the pine one's
you are used to, but they might make it easier for you to try out
mutt.

The Pine.rc is installed in /usr/share/doc/mutt-*/Pine.rc.

Oh, and perhaps I should have mentioned that the simplest way to use
them is to add a line like this to ~/.muttrc:

source /usr/share/doc/mutt-1.4.2.1/Pine.rc

HTH,

Interesting idea. I might try that, although it seems like a crutch. If I'm going to change, it seems like I ought to just dive in.

Thanks.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences