Re: fc5 hangs

Two days in a row my fc5 computer has frozen soon after I start using it in the morning.

[snip]

However, I have more information about the problem. I think I misdiagnosed the problem... it appears that the mouse/keyboard are not completely unresponsive... they're are just
responding extremely slowly.

I think I've discovered an important clue.?  I noticed the time
was frequently way off when this problem occurred, so I tried
cat /proc/interrupts | grep timer

The timer interrupt is incrementing very slowly.  Instead of
1000 Hz it's incrementing about once or twice per minute.  What
would cause that?  I had ntpd running, but I killed it.

Thanks...
                   David