Re: skype version

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 08:40 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
But I believe that test would be the end of the ultimate
pissing match I've become embroiled in on alsa's bugzilla list over its
lack of full duplex operation in anything but carefully preset
laboratory experiments.  It does work nicely there, but not in the real
world, which the alsa folks are apparently refusing to consider as a
real problem because their response is 'fix the app, alsa works'.

Gene, I gave up on using full-duplex some time ago as alsa would eat up about 80% of my cpu when it was set. I have wanted to play with Skype. So I'm just wandering as I wonder suppose you use two sound cards? Would the two at half duplex be less of a load than one running full duplex? It's a thought, and I wondered if you have considered it? Ric