Re: FC5 & OpenOffice.org

Peter Gordon wrote:
Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
I note that Fedora have seen fit to build a private version of OpenOffice.org with changes in the user interface that I find un-palatable. Consequently I wish to remove all trace of this
version and install the "real" thing.
If you're referring to just the different icon theme (which I also rather dislike), you can change this by opening OpenOffice.org, then selecting "Options" from the "Tools" menu. Then, in the
"OpenOffice.org" section, select the "View" item and you can change
the icon theme using the "Icon size and style" option. The "Default"
icon theme is the icons as shipped from upstream. You could also try
the other ones there such as Crystal (which is meant to be KDE-like)
and such.

No, it's not the icons, but that tip has made OOo much more usable on my
Debian system! I use OOo on several Linux and Windows systems and I want
a common interface, not Fedora's idea of a new wheel (particularly the File menu and its missing Address Data Source wizard):-)

It seems that the FC5 build did not use RPM to install this product
 and I would therefore be grateful for any advice on the
recommended method of removal. I assume that using find with
appropriate use of rm -r might be a sledgehammer to crack this nut,
but it's all I can think of currently.

If you really want to remove it, you can simply `yum remove openoffice.org-core` as root, as all of OpenOffice.org depends on
these core components and thus will be removed with them.

That sounds like good advice, thank you.

Peter HB