Re: FC5 & OpenOffice.org

Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
I note that Fedora have seen fit to build a private version of OpenOffice.org with changes in the user interface that I find un-palatable. Consequently I wish to remove all trace of this version and install the "real" thing.
If you're referring to just the different icon theme (which I also
rather dislike), you can change this by opening OpenOffice.org, then
selecting "Options" from the "Tools" menu. Then, in the "OpenOffice.org"
section, select the "View" item and you can change the icon theme using
the "Icon size and style" option. The "Default" icon theme is the icons
as shipped from upstream. You could also try the other ones there such as Crystal (which is meant to be KDE-like) and such.

It seems that the FC5 build did not use RPM to install this product and I would therefore be grateful for any advice on the recommended method of removal. I assume that using find with appropriate use of rm -r might be a sledgehammer to crack this nut, but it's all I can think of currently.
If you really want to remove it, you can simply `yum remove
openoffice.org-core` as root, as all of OpenOffice.org depends on these
core components and thus will be removed with them.

Hope that helps.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479