Host Internet Address Problem

OK, here's the issue.  I moved to the Bay Area.  I have a new internet service provider.  It's Comcast.  I've got Windows XP and FC4 on my computer.  Just a couple days ago everything was working great (with new service).  But all of a sudden the whole host internet address has blown up.  When I login, a message says Gnome cannot function properly without an internet address for my_computer_name.  Opening an x-terminal, I noticed that the command line reads my_login@my_computer_name.  This is odd.  In the past it read my_login@internet_host_address_deal.  So now I can't remotely login to other places and what-not.  The web browser still works though.  So, the Gateway has to be working.  The system just doesn't login with the internet address (like it used to do).

I would definitely appreciate any help here.

Jared