Re: OT: about PDF Converter-Convert2PDF

Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi wwp,
>
> Tks for your advice.
>
>> The package is buggy. You can try to edit install.sh to change
>> "C2PDemoClient"
>> to "C2PClient" (w/o the quotes). Quite exotic stuff anyway.
>
> Changed the line "cp C2PDemoClient /usr/sbin"
> as "cp C2PClient /usr/sbin"

<snip>

>> What do you need to convert to pdf, BTW?
> Technical documents saved from Internet as .html file.
>
> On M$Windows I can print them as .pdf with Adobe Distiller.  I need an
> equivalent of the latter running on this box.
>
> B.R.
> SL

I can't speak to the application problem you're having although you
can try removing the /root/printer/ directory "rm -rf printer/"
although it seems like you're doing this as root. I don't think you
should be doing this as root. Log in as a regular user and do all of
the steps you can "./configure" "make" and then "sudo make install"

If it's an html document can't you open it with OpenOffice and
export it directly as a PDF? Perhaps you do not have access to
OpenOffice though, if not nevermind that but it is on the
installation media as well as the repos.

HTH

Alex White