Re: Problems w/ serial flow control

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I'm running FC3 on an MSI-7142 (K8MM-V motherboard), and using
> the two serial ports on the m/b.  I used the stock out-of-the-shrinkwrap
> settings for most hardware (except for the sound board and X drivers),
> and things have worked fine.
>
> But... when connecting to a router's console at 115200 with either
> RTS/CTS or XON/XOFF flow control, I'm seeing dropped
> characters.

Any chance you can try at a slower speed? You shouldn't need 115200 for
a console -- I look after a couple of RS/6000s with serial consoles at
19200, and screen refresh isn't bad.

Any chance that you can try without the X and sound drivers? Apart from
anything else, you will need to do that to report the problem anywhere.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "We completely deny the allegations, and we're
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | trying to identify the alligators."