Re: Missing Dependency

Bob Fletcher wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 07:30 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 01:24 -0400, Dan wrote:
Bob Fletcher wrote:

The new geronimo-specs package is probably coming from the JPackage
repo, so you could also try disabling JPackage and see how things go:

# yum --disablerepo=jpackage\* update

Paul.

Paul,

I disabled JPackage as you suggested and did NOT get the dependency
error. Apparently, JPackage is the source of the package.

Is there a way to make the --disablerepo option permanent?

Change the two "enabled=1" lines in your jpackage.repo file to "enabled=0".

(Of course, this may not be the correct thing to do.)

It depends on whether you use any packages from the JPackage repo or not.

Is there a procedure for reporting problems of this nature?
I am inclined to think it is a package problem.

Me too. I'd suggest the jpackage bugzilla but there doesn't appear to be a component set up there for geronimo-specs.

Bearing in mind that Fedora tries to stay compatible with JPackage, you could also consider raising the problem in Fedora bugzilla. I wouldn't be surprised if it reached the same person anyway.

Paul.