Using Logitech USB Headset

Hi

I am trying to use a Logitech USB headset with Skype and I can not get
Skype to recognize the headset.  I can not even get my CD player to
recognize the headset.  The CD player sound comes through fine on my
external speakers.  I'm running Fedora 5.  (The combination of Skype and
the headset works fine on my Windows PC.)

Thanks for any help or pointers to any pertinent write-ups.

Don