Re: Trouble starting postgresql

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 11:54 -0700, Alan M. Evans wrote:
> ...[snip]... there's nothing on the system worth compromising. And the
> firewall should prevent the outside world accessing the database
> directly. Nothing on the webserver exposes the database yet.
>
> This thread is about me trying to understand and setup the security
> properly so that the server can one day safely face the world.

Seeing as you mentioned the important bit in the last sentence, I'll say
the mantra:  Just because you don't think there's anything worth losing
on your box, doesn't mean that someone else doesn't think your box is
worth taking over so that they can do what they want (which could be
anything).

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.