Mplayer works but...

Yesterday I got Mplayer on FC4 working just fine. The yum took some time but it comes right up. I got a small DVD from a guy running for office. It's on a regular cd. I was able to view that with Mplayer.

So I decided to try a commercial DVD I bought and it does not play. I know I got the 0th part loaded and it tries to play but I never get a picture. Is this some stupid thing they put on a DVD to foil those who are able to copy the DVD? Is there a fix?

Karl