Re: Question on automounting of CDs and Flash

On 5/15/06, Michael D. Setzer II <mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just wondering if I have missed something. I note that in the Information, it
mentions that fstab-sync had been dropped from FC5, and that something in
the Desktop was to take its place. On my FC5 systems, neither CDs or USB
flash drives mount when installed, even thou removable drives and media
are set to automount. Nothing happends. dmesg shows the device is
recognized, and I can mount it with mount or with gnome-mount from the
command line.

Is there something that I need to add or configuration that needs to be
changed.

Works perfectly for me in FC5/KDE, although it is a little to
reminiscent of Windows for my tastes. But it is there.

--
To be updated...