Re: gMFSK Blues

Rickey Moore wrote:
On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 19:28 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
I compiled a copy of this application for FC4 and it looks perfect. But when I tried to use it it does not get any signal from the speaker of the radio. I can send tones to the soundcard DSB engine and turn on the transmitter and send data in any of several modes. But data from the radio to the computer is not there. I recall others complaining about this.

Is your soundcard set to full duplex?
I do not think so. Here is what I did and it works! On the Volume Control there are little X that you can put over a speaker or a microphone and there is a chain looking thing you can leave and both levers move together or you can break the chain and they are seperate.

Now I started to just fool with these things with gMFSK running and after beaking a chain it started to work! I saw signals from the radio. I wrote down all the settings and even took a picture of the thing. I talked back east from NM and it's working fine.

   Thanks for the full-duplex idea! That is what the problem was.

Karl

 So you can send and receive if
you're using sound out / microphone in at once? The default is half
duplex and an upgrade would set it like that. I think... that sounds
like your problem. Note: full duplex will eat up some cpu. I use KDE so
going into control center and editing the sound setup is where I would
change the duplex option. Hope that helps.
ONE DAY, when I retire to a sailboat, I'll want to understand how
boaters use radio to send / recieve email html, etc. Is there a good
website you'd recommend? Ric