Re: FC5 xorg and dual head

> I guess that depends on your expectations.  Sun claims
> to run binaries from Solaris 8 on Solaris 10.  Are they
> using black magic or just doing things right?

It comes down to policy as well, not just expectations :) Solaris is developed
as a "stable" platform - I don't use SUN so don't know the details, but I
presume somewhere in their small print they must state they policy w.r.t. to
backwards compatibility etc.

FC is (IMHO) completely different. It is a community platform, which aims to
be at the development edge. Consequently, whilst backwards compatibility is
maintained as much as it can be sometimes things break. Also, given the 6-8
month or so turn around in releases, FC5 is going to be "legacy" in 12-18
months, at which point support starts to dwindle.

If you need a rock solid production platform, with long term support, don't
use FC but look say RedHat EL.

Chris