Re: Empty boot.log

Arthur Pemberton:
>> That's plain ridiculous. How am I to troubleshoot error messages that
>> come up during boot? I can't exactly pause the boot.

Aaron Konstam:
> No but running dmesg soon after boot will give you what you need.
> I say soon because dmesg reads from a finite buffer.

Though, if you have boot problems and never get up to that point, it
won't do you much good.  But did the older systems (that wrote the boot
log file) write it as it went along, or rely on the system managing to
boot far enough that it could flush a buffer to the disc, anyway?

I read messages from the public lists.