Re: Fishing License

Rickey Moore wrote:
You cannot even boot a new computer without agreeing to the EULA. The service tech may do it in advance and you, as a user may never see it. It has happened to me.

As I'm finally getting an 'almost' new machine, (I stay firmly a few
cycles behind as I am cheap!) from a local shop, how do I go about
making sure that:

1.) ..I'm not paying MicroSoft a dime.
2.) ..no sneaky sneak by the dealer hiding MS somewhere in the cost of
the system occurs.
3.) ..that I incur no nothng towards MS in this purchase.
4.) ..no smell of MS on the darddrive.
5.) ..that the cost of MS is backed out of this deal. 6.) ..I can remain the nice charitable fellow I am, being Bill Gates
free.

Any thoughts on the matter will be appreciated. Ric

This is relatively easy.

You get a cost breakdown including software and then get a cost without any software.

Many package deals come from the suppliers with the software already installed and paid for and the local dealers cannot make any differences.

I just got a new laptop and there was no option to get it without software but the software is still sealed and I should look at getting rid of it. I got my desktop without software and saved ~$50 which is about the wholesale cost.

Good luck.

--
Robin Laing