Re: Bandwidth Cap on WAN traffic

On Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:50 AM -0400 Ragone_Andrew <kc2lto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been having an issue with upload from Apache on FC5 capping
uploads between 15 and 20 KBps. On my local LAN, there is no limit. I do
not have iptables configured and mod_bandwidth does not seem to be
included in the httpd.conf. I am not sure what else may be limiting this
outgoing traffic and as of now I believe it is limited only to HTTP
traffic as SFTP transfers are at my full 2Mbit upload (~230 KBps)... Any
suggestions on what the problem may be would be appreciated!

How are you measuring the cap?

You may be running into ISP shaping. They've started doing that to limit P2P traffic, particularly BitTorrent, and it's possible they threw in a rule to limit HTTP traffic as well.