Re: fc5: install everything?

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 21:48:38 -0400,
  Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To track with the subject line. I am satisfied with the right clicking on each group in order to select all the additional packages within the groups. It also makes it easier to go back within the groups and remove selection of programs that I know I do not want on the system. There are a lot fewer packages that I do not want compared to what I would not exclude from the system.

I went through that process and found that I didn't get some things that
I wanted. A specific example was mt wasn't installed even though I selected
all of the packages. It was included in "core" as part of mt-st though.

During the testing phase there was a list of many packages that were not included in groups which were contained on the install medium and were not installed. There was work on getting these applications which were not pulled in into a comps file so they would be pulled in.

Your results do not surprise me. Fortunately for me was that programs that I use were pulled in with the changes they did make to accommodate packages that were not pulled in before with the installer.

I would like to see an addition to the installer that allowed globbing even as far as an * for all packages on the install medium.

Anyway, it appears that the right click on selected groups is the best that we'll get.

Jim

--
Money is the root of all evil, and man needs roots.