Dual head resolved (was Re: FC5: Dual head - second screen not working in X)

Good news.  I installed:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/5/i386/xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.5.8.0-1.i386.rpm

removed my /etc/X11/xorg.conf and ran

system-config-display --reconfig

and I was up and running again.  The T30 built-in LCD does 1024x768 natively,
but the xorg.conf file it wrote only supported 800x600, but that's an easy
thing to fix by hand.

Note that I haven't tried to tweak the AGP speed or turn on acceleration or
anything like that, yet.

Following the advice described below didn't work for me at all.

John

--- cromworshipper-fedorastuff@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have a Thinkpad T30 which has a Radeon Mobility M7.  When I was using
> FC4, my dual-head setup worked very well.  With FC5, I have the same
> symptoms as described below.
>
> Is this still the best advice to get dual-head working again?   How
> successful has this been for people experiencing this issue?
>
> If anyone does have this working, I'd love to hear how you did it.  Any
> working xorg.conf files gladly accepted.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John

[...]
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76

[...]
# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Multihead layout"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" RightOf "Screen1"
	Screen      1  "Screen1" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Synaptics" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "AlwaysCore"
	Option	    "Xinerama" "on"
	Option	    "Clone" "off"
EndSection

Section "Files"
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, a font server independent of the X server is
# used to render fonts.

	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "synaptics"
	Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#	Option	"Xleds"		"1 2 3"

# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#	Option	"XkbDisable"

# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
# or:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
#	Option	"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"
#
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Synaptics"
	Driver      "synaptics"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "Protocol" "auto-dev"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Monitor 1024x768"
	DisplaySize  340	270
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
	HorizSync    31.5 - 57.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor1"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "LCD Panel 1280x1024"
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
	HorizSync    31.5 - 67.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 75.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "radeon"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard1"
	Driver      "radeon"
	VendorName  "Videocard Vendor"
	BoardName   "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]"
	BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
	Screen      1
EndSection

Section "Screen"