Re: fc5: install everything?

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 07:20 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> I have no objections to including an easy and up front method to install
> all that is available on the install medium.

One of the things to note is that Fedora is going away from the model of
a large core. At least in theory.

Many apps have been moved from Core to Extras - for example, AbiWord,
Pan, Gnumeric, etc. - as this transition happens, "install everything"
is not what it use to be.

There is even a push to move KDE out of core and into Extras:

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnleashKDE

Installing "everything" for the purposes described in this thread will
not have the same effect - you are going to have to have all of Extras
to get that effect, because a lot of what you get when you "install
everything" in older Fedora Core _is_ going bye bye out of Core anyway.