Re: spambayes

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 13:52 -0700, Justin Zygmont wrote:
On Tue, 9 May 2006, Claude Jones wrote:

On Tue May 9 2006 1:38 pm, Justin Zygmont wrote:
Are you able to tell if its much more effective than
spamassassin?  I get spam coming through spamassassin with a
0.0 score!

I've never taken the time to learn how to configure spamassassin
properly, so I'm not a good judge. With default install
settings, I did often note that when I had both spamassassin and
spambayes as filters, that many messages were let through as low
percentage by spamassassin, but were trapped by Spambayes. I
don't know if that's much of a test, however.

spamassassin is easy, I just have procmail pipe it to spamd like this:

:0fw
| spamc

:0 H
/dev/null

if you still get spam, just view the email headers and se what the score
was.  I was suprised to find some major spam messages coming through with
a 0.0 score.  Its a tough problem to beat sometimes..
That is where training come in, What you describe should not be
happening. Do you train you classifier?

that just crossed my mind as you mentioned it, please let me know what you do about this.