Re: I had high hopes for FC5, damn...

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 1:55 am, clemens@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I had hight hopes for FC5, HELL, I was even going to install it
> on my LAB machines without first testing it at home.
>
> But some visionary has turned it into crap.
>
> When doing an install, if the installer cant find a package you
> used to get a message asking if you wanted it to try again.
> Whenever I got this message, either rereading , or
> popping the CD out, and cleaning it did the trick, next try
> the installer was able to read the package and the install
> continued, with a bit of a delay.
>
> Now some clown has 'fixed' this so that the only option you get
> is to REBOOT.  I dont need a button to reboot, I can manage that
> quite easily with <CTL><ALT><DEL> or a power cycle.
>
> My guess is, that I have some machines where I will NEVER be
> able to install FC5 due to this improvment.  And Im not going
> to try multiple times on the others, just to get a clean install.
>
> Sigh.
>
> On a slightly more positive note, is there any way around this
> improvement? Does TEXT mode do the same thing?
>
> --
>                                         Reg.Clemens
>                                         reg@xxxxxxx

If you still have the original iso files from which you burnt the install cds,
I can shoot a short bash script your way that will build an install tree for
you from those images.

Let me know,
DP

> --

David-Paul Niner, RHCE
Orange Park, Florida
United States of America
dpniner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Public Key and fingerprint for GPG key 1FCE01A2
available from http://www.dpniner.name

Free/Busy Information published at:
https://horde.dpniner.name/kronolith/fb.php?u=dpniner

believed to be clean.