Re: fc5: install everything?

You need a kickstart file.
You can burn a small boot.iso with a kickstart file to install Fedora
with everything you want to include (which may be everything) from a
network server, and greatly reduce the amount of time required to
install stuff.

I know, one of those things that's never been done before here at the office - so always gets put on the "we'll do that another time" pile.

btw - I think it is much easier for someone to use pirut to install what
they want than it is to have to uninstall everything they don't want.

OK, I also agree with that.

BUT, I've never said (nor has anyone else here), that there should ONLY be an everything install. I just said a tick box would be nice as a "select all" in the install process, so the people who DO want an everything install don't have to jump through hoops to get one.

I've used Red Hat since 5.1 (yes, I know, late start) and FWICR there was always an option like this. This is the first time it is missing.

But that's just me.

I know, fair enough, I'm just an old schooler who doesn't like change I guess.

There must be an awful lot of old schoolers out here though - I'm not the only one voicing my concern.

Ed.

--
***DISCLAIMER***

The director of Triple D Computer Services does not believe in disclaimers or signatures - and thinks they are a severe waste of bandwidth - if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you must stand on your head whilst picking your nose and singing the national anthem.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749