Re: fc5: install everything?

Hi,

well, I have read all the complaint letters about the $SUBJECT
and I wondered if software installation can be done without
net access but with the FC5 DVD at hand.

I do have a solution for this (now non-)problem.
Edit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core.repo, so the first three lines reads
like these below.

---------------------------
[core]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=file:///media/disk

Then put your installation DVD into your drive and do

# yum install --exclude="dlm*" --exclude="gnbd*" --exclude="cman*" --exclude=magma-plugins "*"

I needed those --excludes because yum cannot resolve dependencies
for their kernels and I don't need them. So it still won't install everything
but after that "yum install magma-plugins" will do the rest.

It would be similar for mirrored updates and extras trees on the harddisk.
I wonder why wasn't it the default baseurl? Maybe worth and RFE in Bugzilla...

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi