Re: Cisco VPN client does not work on FC4

yukku yukkoooooo wrote:
Hi,
    I installed the Cisco VPN client version 4.7.00.0640 and the vpnclient install goes through but the vpnclient program comes out with the error
vpnclient: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/cisco-vpnclient/lib/libvpnapi.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

I have tested an older version of vpn on RH7.0 successfully.
And after upgrade to FC4 its not working anymore.
I got a link to this site
http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/network/vpn/vpnclient_linux.htm
which seems to suggest that these two can work together with a reboot after the install, but it did not work for me.
Any help on this is appreciated.

Try:

# chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /opt/cisco-vpnclient/lib/libvpnapi.so

Repeat for any similar error you get for different libraries.

This is an SELinux issue.

You might also consider trying vpnc from Extras.

Paul.