Re: VMware wants C headers at /usr/src/linux/include

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 10:23, James Pifer wrote:

> > Did you actually try to rerun the script after installing kernel-devel?
> > I've seen the error you see when kernel-devel is missing, but
> > vmware-config finds the right place once kernel-devel is installed.
> >

> I went back to the original FC5 kernel and removed all the other ones.
> Then I reinstalled the devel package, ran the script, and then it found
> it. I've installed kernel-devel packages before with no problem, this
> was just a weird case. vmplayer is working well now.

The same thing happened to me although I kept the current kernel
and it worked after removing and re-installing kernel-devel
and kernel-smp-devel.  As far as I could tell the same versions
were re-installed but I might have missed something in the
process.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx