Re: Fishing License

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 09:22:43AM +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> <<Pointer to Microsoft attempted intimidation of AWC elided>>
>  "Thank you for your offer to send your purchase records to me," she
> wrote, "however our Software Asset Management (SAM) program is the only
> unbiased way to create an accurate baseline and resolve this matter."

At which point you stop E-Mail and put everything in writing via registered
mail, through the lawyers.  And you tell Microsoft,

  "Since you feel it's necessary for AWC to place itself under your
  Software Asset Management program, AWC will be happy to comply.
  However, this is a program for your benefit, not ours; and complying
  will necessarily require involvement from our staff.  All AWC staffers
  who are required to assist you in any way will be billed at the rate
  of $250/hour.  We require a prepayment retainer pool be paid in the
  amount of $50,000 to an escrow service, and when this pool is reduced
  by 90% all efforts must cease until it is replenished.  Thank you."
--
	Dave Ihnat
	dihnat@xxxxxxxxxx