Re: Win2003 login remotely to FC4 via VNC

On 8 May 2006 at 19:00, zillah wrote:

To:             	fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Date sent:      	Mon, 8 May 2006 19:00:54 +0200
From:           	zillah <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        	Win2003 login remotely to FC4 via VNC
Send reply to:  	saadelias@xxxxxxxxxxx,
	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
	<mailto:fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe>

> I know that there are heaps threads about this topics , but this what I did without any success with FC4

I don't believe that the vncserver option works with the root id with the
service. You can login as root with ssh, and start it with no problem, but not
the vncservers start. I just use another id, and then once connected just use
su -, or get prompted for the root password. I believe it is because the root
users directory isn't under home, but it could be something else.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  mailto:msetzerii@xxxxxxxxx
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes