Re: budget box to run FC5?

Charles Curley wrote:

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 02:35:41AM -0500, Peter Horst wrote:
I'm looking for a cheap new computer from which to run a small website. Has anyone had good luck running FC5 on a cheapo computer? By cheap I mean < $500. I'm in the Chicago area, if that makes any difference.

Any reason it has to be new? In any case, check walmart.com. Last I
looked, their manufacturer (Microtek, I think) deliberately selected
components that were compatible with Linux, as they were installing
Linux on several models for sale. They don't necessarily use the same
supplier as the stores.

What about tracking down the nearest university computer recycle program? They almost always have excellent prices for computers.

--
94% of returning troops suffer from trauma
Open Studios