Re: OT: ht://Dig

CodeHeads:
>> Sorry, I never messed with ht://Dig, does this search only html
>> files or can search dynamic pages?

It can index dynamic pages.  But if you really mean dynamic pages that
change each time, you might strike some problems.  Pages generated on
the fly that are (nearly) always generated the same way should be pretty
much okay though.  Just think about htdig reading a page like Lynx does.

Les Mikesell:
> It pulls the pages via http and indexes the results.  As long
> as your dynamic pages have a reasonable set of links to traverse
> it will work.

It's supposedly also able to directly access files without using HTTP,
though I don't know why you'd want to do that.  For one thing, it'd take
a lot of thinking to make interlinking work right, for results found
directly but being accessed via HTTP.

I read messages from the public lists.