Re: OT: Canadian Census 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 15:16 -0400, taharka wrote:
How do,

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 11:43 -0700, Stephen Mirowski wrote:
> taharka wrote:
>

> >FWIW, I'm able to access the site with Firefox version 1.5.0.3 for Linux
> >by;
> >
> >1.) Using the extension, "User Agent Switcher 0.6.8" & setting it to
> >    "Internet Explorer 6 (Windows XP)".
> >
> >2.) Setting "network.http.sendRefererHeader" to 0 (zero) in about:config
> >    Note, the default setting is 2.
> >
> >3.) Enabling cookies/_javascript_. I usually keep these two disabled ;-)
> >
> >As always, YMMV.
> >
> That's too much work for simple access to a gov't site.  esp. since the
> certificates are
> available for Windows Firefox and Linux Firefox.
The government of Canada does not seem to care that other browsers and OS's are out there.
After my experience a few years ago efiling my taxes with revenue Canada I will not use a Federal  Government web site, if for some reason your configuration does not meet their preconceived  rules you are out of luck.  I am still chasing a tax refund from 2002.
The simple solution in this case is use the paper process and any question you don't think they really need to know the answer give them any answer such to one question of how many bathrooms in my house. A number like 95 works. About all you really need to give them is your name and date of birth.