Re: Updating in FC5

On 5/4/06, CroombeFP <croombefp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Did you update to FC5 from FC4 (or earlier)? If so, I found problems
going this route myself and solved them by doing a straight install of
FC5 rather than an update : now everything works OK (incidentally, don't
forget to let the install format the / partition).
I have also found it VERY profitable to keep one's /home on a separae HD
and then, even if one has to do a new install, all one's settings for
desktop and so on are retained.
CroombeFP

Thank you. It would have been nice if this was news. Unfortunately you
are just repeating advice given since the early Red Hat distros.