Re: "Jane!!! Stop this crazy thing!!!"

Thx Ed.

I check out all the messages in the threads for the links you sent.

One message stated clearly:  "Well, turns out the interchange service was causing constant i/o.  I
stop it and the hard drives quit accessing every five seconds. Ext3 is _not_ the culprit."

The message was from 2001.  I googled for "linux interchange stop", but I did not see anything
that  gave me clear instructions on stopping this process.  Maybe there is a script somewhere that
needs to be altered?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike