Re: scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale

Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Yuandan,
>
> Tks for your advice.
>
>> make sure you have the symbol link at your home dir.
>>
>> .xinput.d/default -> /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim
>
> # ls -l /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 238 Feb  9 14:13 /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim
>
> # find / -name .xinput.d
> find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /selinux: this may be a bug
> in your filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf
> option.  Earlier results may have failed to include directories that
> should have been searched.
> * * * End * * *

Sounds like you need to find what is wrong with that eventually.

> .xinput.d
> can't be located.

When you logged in as yourself (not root).   Did you....

mkdir ~/.xinput.d
cd ~/.xinput.d
ln -s /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim default

????

--
Don't tell any big lies today.  Small ones can be just as effective.