Re: scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale

Hi Ed,

- snip -

> > I can start Chinese Editing on login Session-Trad/Simplied Chinese.
> >
> > [Ctrl]+[Space] - switching between English and Chinese
> > [Ctrl]+[Shift] - toggling "editing method"
> >
> > What I tried to find out is how to start editing Chinese on English
> > locale (in English environment).  I have been searchig around on
> the
> > Menu and unabled to find it
>
> I think you've been told this a few times...and it is working fine
> for
> me here.  Your LANG environment variable *must* be set to en_US.UTF-8
> *prior* to X startup.  Check to see what is in /etc/sysconfig/i18n.

$ cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

It is there.

IIRC on FC2/FC3 to input Chinese on English locale I have to run first;

# export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM; export LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8; scim -d

before starting the application.  It was a little bid complicate.

Would it be the same?  TIA

B.R.
SL