Re: Fedora Core on Dell Latitude D810

Hello Aaron,

On Wed, 03 May 2006 09:12:49 -0500 Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 10:23 +0200, wwp wrote:
> > Hello D810'ers,
> >

> > I know only very few people running Fedora Core on Dell Latitude D810
> > laptops, but I think it could be interesting to share experiences.
> >
> > I started w/ FC3, and now run FC5. The only thing I still miss is the
> > Hibernate blue key, not available thru ACPI events. I got everything
> > working fine (incl. ATI X600 video card w/ fglrx driver, suspend to
> > ram/disk, ipw2200 wifi, DMA for CD/DVD drive; but modem/PCCard/SmartCard
> > still untested).
> >
> > Does anyone face other hardware problems or any difficulty w/ such laptop,
> > running Fedora Core?
> >

> > Regards,
> Well you are just the person I am looking for.

That's exactly why I proposed to share our experiences. Great that it might
help!

> I can get shutdown to ram but I can't figure out how to arange to wake up
> the machine in a way that it does not lock up.

How does it fail actually? Would it be because of X11/video issue?

> Could you share your scripts or procedures to do this. I also have a Dell
> Latutude D810.

In fact I don't use any customized script to suspend-to-ram or -to-disk, but
I think that it should work fine w/ tools from stock FC5.

I don't know at all what mechanism is raised when I press the Fn+StandBy key
(suspend-to-ram) or Fn+Suspend (suspend-to-disk) and they work well. It's not
acpid, probably not GNOME, so what else, the kernel?

Also, suspending to ram or to disk work well from the GNOME menus.
pm-hibernate and pm-suspend work well too (maybe those ones are used by
GNOME?), as I wrote in one of my previous email (other thread about
button/power).

> All the other things you mention work great except wifi using LEAP
> authentication.
[snip]

Sorry, I only had to use WEP keys for wifi connections..

Regards,

--
wwp