Re: Screen resolution & laptop

That is correct, spanning my desktop would be nice.

On 5/2/06, Jonathan Davis <davisje50@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my experience, and this is just me, I've had problems with getting
the various laptop video cards to perfrom in a normal dual-monitor
setup.  It's pretty easy to get them to mirror the signal to the
separate monitor, all you usually have to do is plug it in or make
minor changes to your xorg.conf.  But usually they are problematic
with that.  I have a separate pci video card in my dock to run my LCD
as a second display.  If someone has had good experience in doing this
with any of the various Dell laptops I too would be interested in
learning how.  Otherwise you can get a cheap little pci card to put in
the dock.  I take you are interested in spanning your desktop over
both displays?