Re: Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

> Do you pay taxes?  Do you enjoying paying for the schools and
> agencies you support to use commercial software for no other
> reason than that it has better marketing?  And, don't you think
> there is a 'critical mass' effect in open source software where
> the more it is used the more it will be improved by the new
> people exposed to it?

Crossing over into politics here, and that's dangerous teritory in
forums...

But I agree with the sentiment, though it'd be government departments
I'd be lobbying about such issues, not individual organisations.

e.g. Schools spend millions on Microsoft, where they'd be better off
saving that money for real staff and using something else instead of
Windows - or preferably teaching kids using real people rather than
computers.

I read messages from the public lists.