Upon bootup, how do I do an "xhost + machine" without using a terminal window?

Hello all,

One more question for the gurus this morning, which I couldn't get an answer to earlier.

I want to start up some programs that require the use of X window :2.
Unfortunately, to do that, I have to physically be at the machine and on a terminal window, type:

xhost + something.something.com

Which would then allow all X processes to run from that machine.
But I want to do it automatically upon bootup. I tried to do this in /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but it gives me:

xhost:  unable to open display ""

OK. So how do I solve this?

Thank you very much for any help,

Gilbert