Re: Mozilla Suite vs. Firefox

Mike Chalmers wrote:
On 4/29/06, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:

>> Seamonkey has a lot better spell checking capabilities and uses the same
>> profiles as mozilla/netscape. I use the seamonkey suite and am waiting
>> for rpms for the suite to make it to make it to extras. Mozilla will
>> soon be removed from core. Seamonkey will soon be in Extras.
>
> It is already in Extras.
>

>> Jim

Version is seamonkey-1.0.1-1.fc6 and it adds mail icon that looks the
same as the mozilla version. The browser has the seamonkey logo vs the
red mozilla Icon. Everything seems to work fine with the rpms on FC5.

Thanks!
Jim

--
It's easy to get on the internet and forget you have a life
        -- Topic on #LinuxGER

Hi,
In package manager I have two seamonkey packages. One is "seamonkey -
1.0-11.fc5.i386" and the other one is "seamonkey - 1.0.1-1.fc5.i386".
Isn't "seamonkey - 1.0.1-1.fc5.i386" the newer one?

Also, what are extras? I keep hearing people saying that packages are
in extras. Are extras the package manager?

Thanks,
Mike

The 1.0.1 is newer. I believe that everything before the - is release related.

I guess there is an FC5 release. My extras repo that was setup as default did not pull in the FC5 version. At least it is the 1.0.1 version.

Jim