how to change the existing password settings on FC3

hey friends,

 I am using Fedora Core 3 as my production server for various services like Web Services, Mail Services, FTP,CVS, Database etc. Now my server is going live means  my company's server will be accessible through Internet. Well this server will be protected by the Cisco Pix Firewall, but as this server will be accessible through internet few services like Mail Services, Web Server, FTP etc will be available to our partners and to the company's employees.

I want to increase the password security of the server like minimum 10 characters password which must contain atleast 1 alphanumeric character and atleast 1 Upper Case letter. Moreover if somebody tires to put his or her last or middile or first name that should not be accepted.

for example if a user with name john abrahim is there while entering the password if the user gives john or abrahim in his password it should be rejected, I have seen some of the sites do like this(hotmail).

I can change the minimum password length from 5 to 10 characters or  may be to 8 characters by editing the file /etc/login.defs but this setting will only work for the new users not for the existing users. How do I change the password settings for the existing users and how to enforce the minimum 1 aplhanumeric & 1 upper case character in the password and the password should not contain the first or middle or last name of the user ?

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover