Re: Mozilla Suite vs. Firefox

Kam Leo wrote:
On 4/29/06, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dan wrote:
> Mike Chalmers wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I was wondering what the differences are between the Mozilla Suite web
>> browser and Firefox?
>>
>> From,
>> Mike
>>
> Well the Mozilla Suite is becoming obsolete in favor of Seamonkey (which
> is essentially the same thing, but more mainstream-intended, as Firefox
> was to Mozilla originally).
> For the basics:
> Mozilla/Seamonkey loads faster (by a large margin).
> Firefox is used by far more people and thus has far more support,
> extensions, and themes, etc.
> Mozilla/Seamonkey is an all-in-one browser/email/website composer package.
> Firefox is simply a browser.
> HTH
> -Dan

Seamonkey has a lot better spell checking capabilities and uses the same
profiles as mozilla/netscape. I use the seamonkey suite and am waiting
for rpms for the suite to make it to make it to extras. Mozilla will
soon be removed from core. Seamonkey will soon be in Extras.

It is already in Extras.

I'm installing it but it was not in extras but is located in extras development. It says fc6 on the distro tag used for the rpms.

Jim

Jim

--
Nondeterminism means never having to say you are wrong.