Re: On passwords, securtiy and real -sweat, blook and tears- life

> Try running it with the following command:
>
> apg -M SNCL -r /usr/share/dict/words
>
> which generates output something like this:
>
> Kam5quon!
> 2FrijibIb]
> er7Oddus`
> Un'blahij1
> tru~Glac2
> 3Odnirs%
>
> My guess is that any of the above should be reasonably secure and
> *not too* difficult to remember.

I am glad to hear that you think the passwds above are not to difficult
to remember. mkpasswd creates passweds like this. I find them impossible
to remember. My plan is to:
1. uae a  word in a not commonly used language + a number. John the
Ripper has a hard time with Bantu for example or even Hebrew or Arabic.
2. Take a phrase you can remember like: I met my thrill on Blueberry
Hill and then alternate the first letters with upper and lower case.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>