Re: NetworkManager update

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Friday 28 April 2006 17:17, Aaron Konstam wrote:
[snip rant]
So what use is it for again? It's not the "promise" I criticize, but
the way it is being "mass deployed" without even a marginal thought.

Rui

What is the above all about? I use NetworkManager at home and at work
and it works well. Better than anything else I have found to do
wireless deployment.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Aaron, I must say you are very lucky.  There are many here who would
happily nuke it and never look back.  OTOH, I'm stuck with a broadcom
radio in my lappy, and I think thats probably 80% of the problem.

Indeed, I think about 80% of the problems people are attributing to NetworkManager are due to issues involving the interaction between NM and flakey WiFi drivers. The NM developers have been working hard lobbying WiFi driver developers to support features that NM depends on, but I think it's still going to take a while to get the necessary consistency.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu