Re: FC and Vmware

> Hi..
>
> Is there an Open Source Vmware for FC? Or is Xen the closest we have? I'm
> looking at being able to create a kind of Virtual system to allow users to
> access/log into a couple of boxes, to run smoe apps. If I could more or less
> create a basic environment where they could login, run the apps, and then
> get out, i wouldn't have to worry about them screwing up the system...
>
> Thoughts/Comments...

I've been playing with Xen for the past couple months. Under FC5 it's very easy to
use and maintain, albeit a few bugs here and there.  Currently I'm running three
guests (called DomainU's in Xen parlance) with moderate activity. The host (Domain0)
should be configured with LVM for best results. This way you can provision a system
in about five minutes with a FTP install media and a kickstart file.

Project Wiki is here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5

And an earlier post with Kickstart instructions:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2006-March/msg00085.html

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx