Re: Fedora Core 5 on vmware?

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 17:10, Kam Leo wrote:

> > > Tip # 4: Don't use your employer's email account.
> >
> > I was with you down to here. How do you know he isn't
> > asking because he needs/wants to use it for work?
> >
> > [snip]
> >

> If he is doing this for work why wouldn't he contact VMware for
> support? Is he not using licensed software?

Well, fedora is the one that broke things since it worked
as-is for versions before FC5, and I think you'll find few
commercial vendors that support anything regarding fedora.
(And fedora returns the favor by not supporting vmware
too...)

But, chances are good he's using the free VMplayer or free
server version of VMware anyway which only have support
on their forum, and they don't know as much about fedora
as the people here.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx