Re: Install FC5 via FTP using loopback mounted iso's

> Is it possible to install FC5 via FTP, with the FC5 iso images mounted
> using loop-back on the ftp server?  I've used this method with FC1-4,
> and RHEL3-4, but for FC5, it doesn't work.  I haven't tried yet, but I
> could loop-back mount the FC5 iso's and copy the iso's to a directory on
> the ftp server, but the loop-back method is a nice method for saving
> disk space.

It's possible to do it with multiple CD ISOs, but much, much easier to do it with
the DVD iso.  I set it up on the FTP server like this:

  yum -y install vsftpd
  mount -o loop /path/to/FC5_DVD.iso /var/ftp/pub
  service vsftpd start

Then it's just a matter of pointing the installation to the ftp server.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx