RE: Playing two different MP3 files at the same time?

Hello There,

Can I butt in here? I have a question in this regard.
My background is that I have four different Linux boxes. One for Classical, one for Easy Listening, one for Theocratic, and finally Motivational/instructional.
Each Linux box's sound card output is connected to my amplifier/sound system.
These Linux boxes run 24/7 and I can simply switch to any genre at the amp.

I would like to move all these music category onto one Linux box, in separate directories, and still be able to have all four selections playing/outputting to the amplifier as before. I guess I could open 4 different desktops and launch a player on each desktop. YES/NO?

In this case would I need 4 different sound cards?

Thanks, greetings and best wishes.