scim

Hello,
I have raised this matter before in this forum and found out the reason
for my problem. I am in search of a feasible solution now.
First my problem:
I am using fc5_64bit system and I could use scim to input my mother
tongue Tamil (ta_IN) comfortably in all applications except OO.o.
Reason as I found out:
OO.o is 32 bit and scim is 64 bit version. I confirmed this by
downloading 64bit OO.o and found I could input with out any problem.
Now what?
I prefer to use OO.o as officially released by RH/FC people - not other
builds. I tried to solve this problem by installing scim, scim-libs,
m17n-libs, etc of 32bit version too. All get installed except scim. I
find lot of program/libraries exists in both architectures. But, when I
install scim, I get following message:
file /usr/bin/scim-restart from install of scim-1.4.4-9.1.fc5 conflicts
with file from package scim-1.4.4-9.1.fc5
file /usr/bin/scim-setup from install of scim-1.4.4-9.1.fc5 conflicts wi
th file from package scim-1.4.4-9.1.fc5
Any idea to make scim workable in OO.o 32bit or any workarounds, please?
Perhaps, developers my find an early solution - BTW, how did they miss
this architectural conflict between two most important - scim (vital for
input) and OO.o (vital for office functioning) - softwares in their
offering?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Rajesh